Palava Tree Resource
Please find below some of the information from the event you attended.
The Black Child Agenda CIC is a range of information and is a great resource. They have a WhatsApp group for homeschooling (use mobile number below) you can join and a Facebook group. Below is her information.
The Black Child Agenda CIC
During the session, Cheryl has mentioned the process for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- To get in contact with an Educational Psychologist and get an Educational Health Care Form, which can take up to 3 months.
- There is about £56,000 of funding for a child with special needs.
- Also, if not successful you will have to go through the complaints procedure. And Also can go to the High Cout of Disability Discrimination if your complaint is not successful.
- Another tip Cheryl has shared is to always email the school to have a written record.
- There is a free Home Education Diploma Course on https://www.centreofexcellence.com/shop/home-education-diploma-course/
- Below I have also attached a De-registration letter.
De-registering your child
Head teacher’s Name
Re: Full name of child d.o.b. Date of birth
Dear Head’s name
I am writing to inform you that my son/daughter Child(rens) Name(s) is receiving an education at
home, otherwise than at school in accordance with Section 7 of the Education Act 1996.
Therefore, please remove his/her/their name(s) from the school register as from the date you wish to
leave in accordance with the Education (Pupil Registration) Regulation 2016 section 8(1)(d) for
Please confirm in writing that my child(ren) has/have been removed from the school register.
I wish all future communications to be in writing to my address (See above).
sign here Your name